Monday, June 2, 2014

Brunch at Fire Food and Drink


Brunch at Fire Food and Drink was completely different than working there at dinner. Instead of working upfront like I usually did, I was helping in the kitchen. The atmosphere in the kitchen at Fire is so different from that at the diner. In the kitchen at the diner is the food line, the prep stations, and a spot for all the catering dishes to get prepared at. At Fire Food and Drink the food line is upfront and the kitchen is much smaller. Since most of the food is prepared on the food line, they had me preparing the sticky buns (which look amazing) and the soup. You top the soup with croutons and shredded cheese. When I asked how many croutons I should put on, they told me to always do odd numbers because they are more visually appealing. The sticky buns were a bit more complex. Pulling them apart was a real struggle, but after that all you have to do was at toffee syrup and a bunch of powdered sugar and bring it up to the food line. The brunch atmosphere was completely different than dinner. It was very crowded, and it seemed less casual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment