Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Julia Ullman 3:3


Because of a Jewish holiday that will fall on Wednesday, today is my last day in the office.  As I begin to wrap up my time in the temple office, it feels like I have been here for a really long time. I have gotten through basically every single task I had set out to do with time to spare! This morning I labored over the last calendar formatting…this was definitely quite frustrating to try to tackle.  I am quite happy to have accomplished it.  I looked at the long list of everything I have gotten through in this project. I feel quite accomplished!
The new education administrative assistant started this morning.  She will be working in the office now and once Kate is back.  I worked with her this afternoon to organize the bins of school supplies that are in each classroom.  I thought it would take much longer to do this, but working together it wasn’t too hard.
I already know that I will stay involved even in the administrative aspects of the temple long after my project is finished.  I volunteered to write a D’var Torah (a Torah lesson essay or speech) that will be sent out to the congregation in a couple weeks.  Each staff member takes on a couple weeks throughout the year to write one of these, so I will be writing one to conclude my time here at the temple.  I am quite excited to do this!
This being my final blog post, this was a fantastic experience.  It was not without its challenges, but it was definitely a worthwhile, educational experience.  I am quite glad that I decided to do this as my Hawken Project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment