Monday, June 2, 2014

Thursday at CRCC

Sorry this weekend has been crazy so I have not had time to post! But this post is going to be regarding my day on Thursday at the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center. I got there at 10 and my proctor, Mr Leslie, was running a little late so I started cutting more posters (as usual). By the time 10:30 came rolling around, Ms. Roark came! Mr. Leslie was still not there but came very shortly after. Together, all three of us walked around the office. We gave Ms. Roark a tour that included showing how many offices there are, where the hospital bags are kept, where therapy sessions occur, where the childrens waiting room is, and the art therapy room for survivors. Then Ms. Roark had some questions for Mr. Leslie and I regarding rape. After we had our discussion and Ms. Roark left, I was given another small task. For the rest of the day, I was finding and evaluating different self defense schools in the area. Obviously, the one I am attending for project now was on the list although since it is far away, I was trying to find closer schools. I had a pretty good list and sometimes would call the different academies to see how sensitive they are to working with survivors. After that, I was able to pack my bag and prepare for the exciting Friday that I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment