Monday, June 2, 2014

Friday at Fight Fit

On Friday, I was super lucky because Ms. Roark joined me at Fight Fit and actually took a self defense class with me! Not only was it fun to partner with someone who wasn't a male two times my size, but it was fun because it was someone I knew! So we got to the gym and we started our class by running small laps around the gym and then stretching in the circle. Then we did our first activity: each pair of partners stand on opposing sides and faces inward. Then the pair lunges towards the center where they high five then do ten push-ups and lunge all the way back. We repeated this exercise a few more times and instead of the push-ups, we had to do jumping squats or toe-touches. After this exercise, we did one where you throw a right cross at your partner and keep throwing it across the floor as they move backwards. This exercise was exhausting! We also did various exercises practices our palm strikes and our punches. I remember Ms. Roark missed the pad a little and hit my neck on one of her palm strikes, which was more funny than hurtful. In addition to offensive punches, we reinforced the defense for a haymaker punch. Overall, it was a pleasure to have Ms. Roark come in and take class with me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment