Monday, June 2, 2014

Week 3: Day 1

May 28




Today was a normal day at Katz Club. It was the first day that Lauren and I worked together at one of the restaurants. It was a lot of fun. We switched between food running and helping make boxed lunches for the diner. At first our jobs were just to put the brownies in a little paper and put the paper in the bag. It then progressed to little gougere sandwiches. Whenever Katz Club caters, gougere sandwiches are their go to. Gougers are basically savory creme puffs with gougere cheese in the bread. My favorite gougere sandwich that I've made is a shortrib sandwich with a horseradish sauce. Most of today was spent behind the coffee counter because of the small amount of customers due to it being a wednesday. The servers and the employees of Katz Club really make it a fun environment to work. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help when there is confusion. I like the baristas a lot. They are really easy to talk to and attempt to teach me how to make some of the drinks. Everyday I learn a little something new that goes into the drinks to make them unique. Working at Katz Club has been a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment