Monday, June 2, 2014

Week 3 Day 2

May 29




Today was a little different than most days. I worked at Fire today but instead of food running, like I usually do, I was working with the pastry chef. It wasn't too busy of a night but the pastry line was still moving. Annalise, the pastry chef, explained to me how to make each dessert. She explained that with every dessert at Fire, there is a certain order that every piece goes onto the plate. She also explained to me the cheese plate. In the center of the plate is a berry compote but it changes in the different seasons. For most of the night I was rolling balls of cookie dough and putting it on way paper. After every meal at Fire comes with two free warm oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies. It is one of the aspects that makes Fire a little unique. I had a lot of fun working in the kitchen. I was able to see how the restaurant runs through the eyes of the chefs. I also learned how to make pasta with a mushroom filling. Watching how much preparation goes into making the simplest items on the menu is just amazing. It gives me a different appreciation for being a customer at a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment