Monday, June 2, 2014

Ending Post


Working at both Fire and Katz Club have been very unique experiences. At Fire, I learned what it is like to work in a fine dining restaurant. I saw that to be successful, it is important to have a waiting staff that works together. THe employees at fire act as a family. They are incredibly close. I followed Turan for most of the time at Fire, and learned that the food runners really put everything together. Food running is more complicated than one might think. There is a certain angle to place the food so that the entree is complemented nicely by the side dishes. When working is pastry, I learned about preparation and how it is important to have your station completely set up before the night, along with having some of the pre-made food readily available. At Katz Club, though a different experience, I learned a lot of the same things. The employees at Katz Club also work as a family. They hang out with each other outside of work and are really comfortable with each other. This is incredibly important as they are always willing to help each other. They really work as a team and it is impossible to run a successful restaurant without a team of people who just work well together. Through catering, I learned the same thing. Team work is very important and it is so important to just keep moving. Sometimes it is even important to improvise when you are put in a tough situation at some of the parties. All in all, I had a fantastic time working at both restaurants.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about what it takes to make a successful restaurant. From the minute that I entered each of the restaurants you could tell how friendly and close the staff are. That energy is seen by the customers which make them want to continue to come back. If this was not the same we would have ended up having a different experience for our senior project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was pretty cool to read since I absolutely love Katz Club! It's one of my all time favorite restaurants so its nice to know that they put a lot of effort and time into their work! It makes me want to go back there more so I can appreciate their work that much more. Glad you had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete