Sunday, June 1, 2014

Julia Ullman 3:2


The end of this last week was a lot more focused on the task list than I had previously been.  On Friday, I battled the huge master calendar that is given to all Religious School teachers and teen assistant teachers.  The format is quite frustrating, so it took a lot of time and patience.  I went month by month, and on Monday I will finish the last couple months of the year. I don’t have much left to do, as well as not much time left to spend.  On Monday, an education assistant is starting in the office.  After Kate’s maternity leave, she will be working a lot less hours so they basically hired an administrative assistant for the Religious School.  I will be showing her the ropes Monday and Tuesday and working with her to acclimate to the office and explaining a lot to her about the projects and processes. 
On Thursday, the new NFTY NEL (Youth Group) Regional Advisor came into Cleveland to get to know the area and have some meetings regarding his youth group and camp jobs.  He is from North London, but earlier this year moved to Toronto when he was hired as our new Regional Advisor.  If Kate had been here, she would have met with him and walked him through a lot of the Temple Religious School and Youth Group information, so I did a lot of that along with Beth.  I sat in on a meeting with our current youth group officers as they planned an upcoming event.  Over the weekend, we have shown him around Cleveland and helped him understand Jewish Cleveland as well as North America! 

No comments:

Post a Comment